Sunday, 4 August 2013

Less than 3 weeks...!

So just less than 3 weeks till we set off! Our leaving date is the 23rd of August and we will hopefully be arriving in Paris on the 25th! After a bit of a palava in sorting out how exactly we were going to get home from Paris (Eurostar is not cheap) we have finally booked our ferry crossings and homeward trains. The train company have informed us that there won't be a problem with taking our bikes on the french trains but I have heard several stories which suggest otherwise! Let's just hope they do...
The next two weeks are going to have to be pretty training intense as I am not feeling fit enough at all. I have plans to do a few 30-40 mile trips and one big 70 odd miler to Cambridge and back at some point this week (hopefully in successive days!). If I can survive all that then I will be able to stop worrying. Though, I am finding it difficult to make myself go out on the bike. The terrain around here is pretty hilly which can make rides quite demoralizing as after tackling a few hills in succession it's easy to become knackered. Then I realise I've only managed to cycle 10 or 15 miles overall and although this has all been done at a reasonable pace, it is still a bit of a downer to be so tired after cycling so little! 
Please continue to show your support by reading/commenting on this blog, following our twitter or if you can, sponsoring us on our justgiving page at http://www.justgiving.com/AmyJamieLondonParis. For those of you who have already donated we are so grateful for your support and it really encourages us to keep going! It makes us feel that we won't be half killing ourselves in vain! (;

I will post an update on my cycling later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment